Monday, April 14, 2014

Cinderella Opera

I'm a couple of weeks late on posting this, but better late than never right?  :-)

The very last week of March, two of my friends and I planned a mom and "big" girl date for our four year olds….we even planned an extra day/night beforehand to make it awesome-sauce.  
(complete with wine drinking for grownups one night….
Well that was our Saturday, but on SUNDAY we had the grand finale.  We found babysitters for the littlest littles, dressed 3 little girls up as princesses, primped our selves up a bit and headed out for a princess-themed day.  

First there was a surprise for the girls...


Three matching friendship necklaces…it was so adorable to watch Maddie's reaction.  
She wears it everyday and calls it her best friend necklace.  
(She even took it to show and tell last week)



Then we headed out for the cars and drove downtown to take the girls out for a "tea party" lunch.



The girls ordered lunch, including tea and milkshakes of course!  It was SO cute to watch Maddie acting dainty, and of course she played the part of royalty very well.  
She even ate tomato soup and grilled cheese without spilling on herself!  
Which I think was the most impressed I have ever been!  ;-)





After lunch we drove over to the opera house to go watch Cinderella!





The girls were all very well behaved.  The opera was not in english which I was a little nervous about, but they had subtitles so I just translated to Maddie when she asked what they were saying.  
At intermission we were able to head down to the stage and check out where the orchestra sits and plays.  



It was a fabulous time, and I am really glad that I got to experience it with my sweet girl. 


Afterwards, we had to say goodbye to our Wyoming friends, 
and then of course the girls had to run off that energy they stored up for two hours!  



I really had a great day.  It was nice to be able to spend some one on one time with Maddie.  
I think it's important that I find time to spend some alone time with both the girls.  Ella and I have time together when Maddie is at school, and I really need to make more of an effort to take Maddie out for, as she calls it, "mommy time".  I think this was a great start.  :-)



2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love it!! And now I don't feel so bad for being behind and not having blogged about it yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well it took me two weeks and I don't even have a job to occupy my time, so I think you have a pass :-)

      Delete