Sunday, December 29, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!

It was a hectic but lovely Christmas for our family.  
We unfortunately managed to get the world's worst sinus cold the week before Christmas and right when 18 guests arrived in our home, so I've been a tad out of it for 2 weeks. 

Of course one of the bonuses of having 17 adults in the house is that someone is always ready to hang out with kids and to pick up the slack where I was/am (seriously) lacking.  
Big props to my Aunt Brenda…she is awesome sauce.  :-)

I get sick maybe once every two years, but when I'm down I'm DOWN.  
Oy…here's to a new year and to kicking illnesses butt!  
We did manage to do a couple of holiday things before the kids got sick too, including Maddie's preschool holiday party!  
I rallied and went with her since Daddy was working, and I'm so glad I did because it was the only time she was able to see Santa.  Ella missed out on that this year…such a bummer.   :-(  


She was super excited to go to her party and dressed up in her Christmas outfit.  


I was curious to see how she would react to Santa.  
She was such a shy baby and very cautious, but has really bloomed in the last year or so. 
She is much braver than I ever was at her age! 

 She sat right on his lap, answered his questions, and smiled so I could take a picture.  
This year she asked for a pink unicorn that she could ride on that was stuffed, 
(Why so.many.details!?!?!  I spent a whole day trying to track this thing down…
I sort of succeeded…I wish Santa was real…)
and a My Little Pony book.    

We made reindeer food…fyi, reindeer apparently eat oatmeal and birdseed…learn something new everyday ;-)
Then we went to all the craft stations and made fun little Christmas crafts.  Which of course Maddie thought was the most! fun! ever! :-)  Girlfriend loves her some crafts.  

She takes it very seriously, and I let her do her thing.  
Occasionally assisting with the random stuck sticker, but staying out of the way for the most part. 
 It's very important to take the OCD out of crafting with kids….for your own sanity.


Afterwards she told me that it was "The bestest Christmas party ever!"
Seeing her smile was worth the 10 million ibuprofen I had to take pre-party to conquer 
the evil snot monster living in my brain…
Plus it's always good to eavesdrop on Santa present requests just incase they change something…and they always do…
ALWAYS.



P.S.  I am working on an actual Christmas post in which I bombard you with family photos…
because I have super attractive family members and I like to show them off :-)  Happy Holidays!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment