Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Someone is Getting Coal in her Stocking

This one….



She definitely keeps me on my toes.
  Maddie was such a mellow baby and toddler that it's been a bit of a shock to Mike and I to have such a little ball of energy enter our lives.  But oh my goodness, she is 
SO. MUCH. FUN.

I'm never ever bored that's for sure, and I can never ever turn my back on her for a second.  For instance, today at lunch I left her with a container of yogurt and a spoon (mistake number one) thinking
"Oh she knows how to feed herself, she'll be fine".

I literally turned my back on her for 5 minutes (mistake number two).
Meaning I was sitting at the island right next to the table.  Crafting.  With my back to hers.  
I heard the splat before I felt it.

Nothing good could come from that sound, but it was SO much worse that I thought.  
In the span of 5 minutes of "eating" she had dumped 3/4th of her yogurt on the table, 
spread it all around on about half of the table, and then 
(this was the part I heard) 
she flung the remaining yogurt ALL over the floor with her spoon 
(also the part I felt).  

I put her in timeout, cleaned up the mess, and then went to get her, 
and this is the face I got….


Ummmm…it's really hard to discipline a goof ball, at least with a straight face.  
Oh Ella Bea…you complete me.  


I mean seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment