Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Devils Backbone Nature Trail Hike

The girls and I joined our friends for a fun little hike on Devils Backbone Trail today.  
It was SO beautiful outside and it was lovely to be able to go outside without dirt flying into our eyes (it's been soooooo windy the last couple of days)  


It's a pretty mellow little hike.  Maddie and her little friend Nora walked/ran the whole way.  
Being brave little adventurous "rock climbers".  (They made us call them that, lol)  


Amber and I carried the little ones on our backs for most of the way.  
Ella hasn't been feeling so well the last couple of days, and I debated staying at home with her for another day, but I think the fresh air was good for her.  
She slept a good portion of the hike and even got out to explore at the turn around point.  

Amber and baby Zara…
Fun little tidbit:  Zara and Ella share the middle name Beatrix!
Fun tidbit number 2:  It was Amber's birthday today!
Happy Birthday Beautiful!!!
Zara Bea and Ella Bea



My 365 of the day.
It is getting to be a serious challenge to get them both in a picture at the same time…
and happy about it!

All in all, a very good hike.  
Family friendly and we are definitely going to go back!  
I think it took me 10-15 minutes to get there from our house, 
and we were there about 2 hours (we took our time).  Highly recommend!  







1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love your photos! We had a great time hiking around with you. It was the perfect birthday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete