Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Ella Bea



I cannot believe that Ella is a two year old.
 It shocks me how fast these last two years have gone…it's crazy!
She has turned into quite a delight.  The kid knows how to play to an audience.
She has the biggest funny bone, and loves to ham it up to any willing audience.
She is friends with everyone and loves to wave at strangers and say "hi!"…it's cute. :-)

Here is a little snapshot of Ella's birthday day.

 I let the girls sleep in and then we had a yummy breakfast of heart toast, applesauce, and bananas (coffee for mommy).





I asked her how old she was and this was her answer…she's so advanced she's all ready to be 3 ;-)
 Then I ran out to check the mail and we found a delightful package from Aunt Aurelia for Miss Ella Bea, and this is what we found inside…





So stinking cute!!!


Then we got dressed and headed out to Cool Beans playhouse.  
It's this fun little coffee house/kid play area.  I'd been meaning to take the girls since we moved 
(almost a whole year ago!), but hadn't gotten around to it yet.  
So when I woke up this morning to clouds and impending rain 
I quickly ran through my list of things I've been meaning to do and thought that 
Cool Beans seemed like something Ella would really enjoy.  
(Jumpin', an inflatable play place came in a close second…maybe we'll try that for Maddie's birthday)


I was right, as soon as we walked in the doors she was struggling 
to escape my arms and run off with her sister to explore.  












Amber and her girls came too and although I neglected
to get pictures of them they played just as hard as Maddie and Ella.
They also brought Ella some beautiful birthday cards!


We had some lunch while we were there and of course I got a coffee! (num)
(Their food is pretty good too, the salad I got was HUGE, and 
the girls gobbled up their mac n cheese and fruit)
We were there for 2 hours and could have stayed longer, but Ella was starting to show signs of needing a nap so we said goodbye and headed back toward Loveland.
We stopped and got some cupcakes from the bakery downtown and then headed home for naps.

Post-nap cartoons
After naps I packed the girls up and we went to the store so that Ella could pick out a toy.
(because I'm awesome and neglected to get her a present beforehand…parent fail)
She picked out a baby doll…you can never have too many ya know. ;-)

Then we came home and waited for Mike to get home. After he got home my parents and aunt and uncle face-timed us while Ella opened her present from Grandma Carla and Papa.  
It was a giant box FILLED with fun stuff.



Ella thought the cookie that was in the box was YUMMY.
Only to be topped by the piñata filled with dumdum suckers.



Overall it was a great day and I think Ella had a good time.  
She fell fast asleep at bedtime and hasn't made a peep since so I'm taking that as a good sign!

Thank you to everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes for Ella!  
Here's to year TWO!!

Ella Beatrix ~ Age 2


Weighs:  
22lbs….she's my little nugget

Height:  
Not 100% sure, but she's pretty petite.

Foot Size:  
toddler size 5 
(current size, I've noticed her feet growing again 
so I'm guessing we'll go up a size soon)

Wearing:  
18-24 month sizes 
(I've also started stocking up on 2T)

Favorite Song:  
"Let it Go" 
(Shocker I know) <-------(((sarcasm)))

Favorite book:  
whatever she can grab at bedtime before Maddie does. 
 (they fight over what books to read….
so silly, they both get to pick one and they get to 
listen to each others story…silly silly) (also annoying)

Favorite Food:
Blueberries and strawberries and juice! and mommy milk!
(All she ate for two days last week)

Favorite Toys:
She seems partial to baby dolls right now 
(I saw her "nursing" her baby the other day, so sweet!)
I've also noticed that lately she's pretty into puzzles which is fun.

Loves:
her sissy, nursing, being naked, making funny faces,
 playgrounds, swimming, showers, anything involving water, being an acrobat,
 counting to 3 and then going down slides (1, 2, 3, wheee!!!), shoes!, jumping on the bed

Dislikes:
Being by herself, loud noises, 
not being in the shower when ANYONE else is, doggies licking her face,
having clothes on, having a diaper on!

New:
Started sleeping through the night
finally!  Yay!
Started taking naps again
growing maybe?
Starting to talk 
(just singular words for now, no sentences)
Forward facing carseat
(Useful because now she can watch the dvd player in the car)











No comments:

Post a Comment