Thursday, September 19, 2013

Crabapples and Cousins

    My sister in law is a former montessori teacher and a bit of genius when it comes to entertaining kids.  When the cousins were starting to get tired and hungry (waaaayyy before dinner was ready) she rustled up some buckets and gave them the very important job of crab apple picking.  

Picking crabapples from the lawn = best kid activity ever!

They were occupied for well over an hour!


(I think Ella was perplexed as to why SHE didn't get a bucket,
poor girl wishes she was a big kid....)

 (Isn't my niece the cutest?!?!  I just want to eat her up!!





    Question for ya'll:  These aren't your normal crabapples.  They are small like cherries and not edible (not poisonous, just really sour)   However, my mom says that the deer do eat them.  
Any ideas on what they might be?











2 comments:

  1. Chantry, this just made my week...and it was already going pretty good. I am so excited to see all your beautiful pictures and the adorable subjects. I think it will be a smashing success and I think you should come to Gillette and take some pictures of my kids. Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke!! I would love to take pictures of your kids...they are all so stinking cute it'll be easy! :-)

      Delete