Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Week of January

Our time back in Colorado has been pretty quiet.  
It's been snowy and cold and we've been hibernating with occasional 
trips out for errands and school.  



I also started a new 52 week project.  Its one photo a week with prompts.  
So this week the prompt was "Fresh".  Here was my interpretation of the theme.  

1/52 {Fresh} A neglected house fern that I’ve been babying back into life, I love watching the new green //fresh// leaves coming through. It’s such a great metaphor for the new year. I think we can all relate to feeling a bit dry and neglected as the end of a year approaches and then feeling that first green shoot of hope, a fresh sense of renewal and purpose.

Ella has been sleeping terrible since we got back from Christmas vacation.  
Every night she ends up in bed with us and I am usually kicked out of bed (literally) by 6 am.  
Which is how I ended up sitting in the living room one morning and realized everything 
was glowing orange.  I went outside to see the sunrise and it was beautiful.  

Makes getting up that early a little more tolerable. ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment